Mar 20, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
The La Salle Explorers are moving on to the field of 64.
La Salle bested Boise State, 80-71, in Dayton on Wednesday night to win the program’s first NCAA Tournament game in 23 years — on the university’s 150th anniversary no less.
Guard Sam Mills got the Explorers off to a hot start early and finished 5 of 6 from behind the three-point line. But it was Tyrone Galrand and Ramon Galloway that led the team with 22 and 21 points, respectively.
Those three went 22-for-31 by themselves, while the team as a whole shot 63.3 percent from the floor (31-for-49) and 52.4 percent from three (11-for-21). The Explorers actually put up a higher percentage from the field than they did the foul line (58.3).
A consolation award should go out to Boise State’s Anthony Drmic, who tweaked his knee in the opening minutes and hobbled around for the rest of the game to lead all scorers with 28 points.
13-seed La Salle now gets 4-seed Kansas State on in Kansas City, Mo. on Friday at 3:10.
Some guy who lived on Olney Ave. for a few years has more, including this from John Giannini on Lionel Simmons:
“L-Train was here,” La Salle head coach John Giannini beamed after the game. “How awesome is that?”
This hits newsstands and your driveway in the morning:
Philadelphia Daily News Thursday Back Page — twitter.com/BoopStats/stat…
— Bob Vetrone Jr. (@BoopStats) March 21, 2013
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money