Oct 25, 2012, 4:24 PM EST
The Temple Owls quietly moved into their new practice facility at the corner of Broad and Montgomery — right across the street from the Apollo — last spring.
On Thursday, coach Fran Dunphy opened things up to the media and took about 30 minutes to show off his new digs.
The new men’s and women’s practice courts are the centerpiece of a much larger renovation project of the old Pearson and McGonigle Halls. The Owls’ old home arena in McGonigle remains in tact.
As for the new stuff, it’s all legitimately impressive and should give Temple a leg up in recruiting. Dunphy — a self-described “boring guy” who emphasized on multiple occasions that it’s not about what you have but what you do with what you have — conceded at the end of the tour that he believed Temple succeeded in its efforts to put itself on equal footing with the best programs in the country as far as on-campus facilities are concerned.
There’s plenty of cool spots inside —from a game-film theater to a basketball-specific weight room to a players’ lounge — but the most enjoyable part is the emphasis placed on the program’s history. The center of the facility is a Hall of Fame of sorts, featuring trophies, historic basketballs and a program timeline all behind glass.
A few shots from inside the third-floor “Home of Temple Basketball” in the gallery below…
Photo Gallery: Temple basketball practice facility
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|BenE. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages