Aug 28, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Every day we march closer to Saturday’s 3:30 p.m. kickoff (NBC / 97.5 The Fanatic), I feel less in love with this Temple (+30) number a lot of locals are all over. And that’s not because I like ND (-30) either.
My buddy Bill will explain why:
— Nick Menta (@cnmenta) August 28, 2013
You want lock-solid action this weekend though? Put down everything you have on at least one Brian Kelly “I’d kill you if I had a better option” look in the direction of his senior quarterback, Tommy Rees.
If you want to know about Tommy’s playing career, his success working against a blitz, his meltdowns against coverage, or just what the hell happened to that Everett Golson kid, click here.
But the rest of this post is dedicated to one of my favorite sports storylines of the last three years — right up there with anything related to Jay Cutler.
I assure you, there is no FBS quarterback that has been berated by his head coach on national television more than Tommy Rees. I thought I was alone in my fascination with their dynamic until I started asking people about it and realized that others were seeing exactly what I was. And then a few weeks ago, when I was looking for a way to photoshop Stella the Owl onto the N.D. sideline, I found AP and USA Today photogs had captured it better than I could write it.
Worth note, a good number of these are from the Notre Dame-Michigan night game at Big House in 2011, when Rees went 27-for-39 for 315 yards, three TDs and two INTs, while Denard Robinson threw up pieces of absolute garbage to score 28 points in the fourth quarter and rally the Wolverines to a 35-31 win. Enjoy:
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Drew P on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Drew P on Flyers send down leading goal-…|
|KingOfNothing on Photo: Claude Giroux can do an…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return