Sep 7, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Temple and Houston kick off the first game in American Athletic Conference history at Noon.
As you can see above, the Lincoln Financial Field end zones have been painted cherry and white for the occasion. “Temple” on the one side, and “Owls” on the other.
In jersey-related news, Temple is going to be wearing a different uniform combination each week this year. A Temple spokesperson said earlier this week the team would be donning a throwback look as they honor head coach Wayne Hardin. They’ve gone cherry on cherry on cherry for the home opener, with “Temple” spelled out on the helmet, rather than the “][".
Also included are shots of head coach Matt Rhule running around the field before the game. One of them is him yelling at me to take a good one.
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money