Dec 5, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
A few days back, Temple started teasing that it had something planned in the way of a new paint job for the Liacouras Center.
They revealed the makeover last night, featuring a massive set of owl eyes painted on what used to be the plain gray wall behind the student section.
Given how dark it is, and the lighting in the building, it’s actually hard to get a real good look at it unless you’re there in person. But these shots aren’t bad:
Here it is. pic.twitter.com/S4VVBkfHuQ
— Kyle Gauss (@kylegauss) December 4, 2013
I’m actually more partial to the “][“s painted on the corner. The cherry pops.
— Jason Brandi (@jbrandi421) December 5, 2013
One downside to the whole thing is that the NCAA banners that used to hang above the student section have been moved way up into the corner rafters and now partially blocked by speakers.
Need to move those somewhere better.
On the plus side: Temple continuing to update the Apollo. The building, opened in 1997, finally got a real scoreboard last season that plays video. The electronic ticker that wraps around the building was also a nice touch.
Speaking of owls, they’ve moved Stella — Temple’s new live mascot — atop the student section during games. Here she is chillin’ in the concourse pregame:
— Owlsports_com (@Owlsports_com) December 4, 2013
As for any of the basketball you might have missed, Temple upended St. Joe’s, 77-69.
All your postgame reading right here:
|pourman on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|Steve on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Jeff on Could LeBron James be playing…|
|Rich Milkman on Remember This Guy: Chad O…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return