Sep 22, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
Ahhh, Bill O’Brien. You get all excited and have to catch yourself before you say f—. This is never not enjoyable.
Following Penn State’s 34-0 drubbing of Kent State on a rainy Saturday at Beaver Stadium, O’Brien had a little fun with the reporters, calling them out for ignoring his defense’s second consecutive shutout over the Golden Flashes. Penn State’s last shutout came against Kent State in 2010.
“You guys need to ask me some defensive questions,” O’Brien instructed the dazed media corps midway through his postgame rehash. “They’re all offensive questions right now, and you guys were all over them last week (after a 34-31 loss to Central Florida). And they just pitched a shutout. Can we get some defensive questions? No?”
You mean because they did such a great f—ing job?
“I thought the defense played a helluva football game today,” he said. “They pitched a shutout, and I think (coordinator) John Butler and the coaches over there and that crowd of players did a helluva … job.”
There was a pause in there, where O’Brien started to say a word beginning with “F.” Someone later reminded him it sounded like his on-field television interview after the season-ending victory over Wisconsin last year, when he called his guys a bunch of “fighters.” Or something like that.
“We do,” he said. “We have a bunch of fighters. … It’s like my mom. She doesn’t believe I said ‘fighters.’ Do I look like the type of guy who swears?”
For reference, here’s O’Brien after the aforementioned Wisconsin game last year:
Never change, Bill O’Brien. Never f—ing change.
>>Penn State blanks Kent State behind RBs, defense [CSNPhilly]
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money