Oct 24, 2011, 12:58 PM EST
Following Temple’s 13-10 loss to Bowling Green over the weekend, we questioned whether the Owls’ unbalanced offense—demonstrated by their refusal to throw the ball—was generated by a lack of faith in the passing game or, instead, an err in play-calling.
During his Monday morning MAC Coaches’ Teleconference, Steve Addazio spoke out on questions surrounding Chester Stewart performance and his own team’s trouble throwing the football. The quotes are courtesy John Di Carlo at Owlscoop.com. From Addazio:
When asked what it would take to fix the Owls’ ailing passing attack, one that is ranked 11th out of 13 teams in the Mid-American Conference, Addazio responded by saying, “I think by nature we’re going to run the football. We are a run team, and we’ve done that pretty effectively throughout the year and we mix in play-action passes. I don’t think anything’s broke. I just think it’s a matter of making sure that we have more balance in what we choose to attack with.”
So there you have it. I mean, you didn’t actually expect him to throw his quarterback under the bus, did you? And, really, there was no reason to do so. There were some drops that weren’t Chester’s fault, and he really was put in a less than stellar position at the end of the game given Temple’s particular make-up on offense. 3rd and longs are not this quarterback’s or this team’s forte.
The coach, more or less, just needs to put Chester in a better position to make….
Sorry, couldn’t resist.
Head on to OwlScoop for the full audio of the Monday teleconference.
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|BenE. on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages