Sep 7, 2011, 12:14 PM EST
If you consume sports in literally any way—and since you’re here, you probably do—then there’s a good chance you may have heard at least something about the University of Maryland’s football jerseys.
Picking up on the “let’s wear crazy Week 1 uniforms” trend, the team donned their brand new “Maryland Pride” alternates Monday night against the University of Miami. The jerseys, if you can’t tell, were designed as a tribute to the Maryland state flag and donated by the school’s uniform sponsor, Under Armour.
For whatever reason, the threads have faced a whole boatload of criticism and been almost universally reviled.
The Inquirer’s Keith Pompey asked head coach Steve Addazio that exact question toward the end of his Tuesday morning press conference. Hilarity Ensued. From Pompey:
It might be wise to clarify that the “you” was probably more of a plural “you” and not “you, Keith Pompey.” Either way, “you” ask him about jerseys, and he calls out an offensive lineman.
Something tells me Addazio’s weekly media luncheons will be a continuing source of material. If not, you can always watch this video of one-time candidate for Stark County treasurer Phil Davison and get roughly the same effect.
Honestly, the first time I saw Addazio speak, between the intensity and the frequent pacing and the never-being-behind-the-podium, it was near impossible not to think of this video. That said, by contrast, Addazio seems to actually know what he’s talking about, and has a track record as a winner, not that we’re, uh, implying anything about the 2010 treasurer’s race.
Ladies and gentleman, Phil Davison.
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages