Sep 7, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
If you consume sports in literally any way—and since you’re here, you probably do—then there’s a good chance you may have heard at least something about the University of Maryland’s football jerseys.
Picking up on the “let’s wear crazy Week 1 uniforms” trend, the team donned their brand new “Maryland Pride” alternates Monday night against the University of Miami. The jerseys, if you can’t tell, were designed as a tribute to the Maryland state flag and donated by the school’s uniform sponsor, Under Armour.
For whatever reason, the threads have faced a whole boatload of criticism and been almost universally reviled.
The Inquirer’s Keith Pompey asked head coach Steve Addazio that exact question toward the end of his Tuesday morning press conference. Hilarity Ensued. From Pompey:
It might be wise to clarify that the “you” was probably more of a plural “you” and not “you, Keith Pompey.” Either way, “you” ask him about jerseys, and he calls out an offensive lineman.
Something tells me Addazio’s weekly media luncheons will be a continuing source of material. If not, you can always watch this video of one-time candidate for Stark County treasurer Phil Davison and get roughly the same effect.
Honestly, the first time I saw Addazio speak, between the intensity and the frequent pacing and the never-being-behind-the-podium, it was near impossible not to think of this video. That said, by contrast, Addazio seems to actually know what he’s talking about, and has a track record as a winner, not that we’re, uh, implying anything about the 2010 treasurer’s race.
Ladies and gentleman, Phil Davison.
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return