Sep 28, 2011, 9:55 AM EST
You are going to have to go out of your way to pay more than $5 for a Temple ticket this weekend.
The university has announced four different promotions through which you may receive a discounted admission to see the Owls take on the Toledo Rockets this Saturday at noon.
In the event you possess tickets to Game 1 of NLDS or Sunday’s Eagles-Niners matchup, are an employee of the university, frequently travel with canned goods, or simply enjoy the color pink, then read on and listen closely…
From the university’s official release:
Wear pink to the game (to support Breast Cancer Awareness) and receive a ticket for only $5.
Employee Appreciation Day
Show your Temple ID card and receive a ticket for only $5 (ed note: we checked, this offers does include members of the Temple University health system).
Canned Food Drive
Bring a canned food item to the stadium and receive a ticket for only $5.
Phillies’ or Eagles’ Tickets
Show your Phillies’ playoff ticket for Saturday’s game – or your Eagles’ ticket for the game on Sunday vs. San Francisco – and receive a ticket for the Temple game for only $5.
After drawing record student and total attendance figures against Villanova and Penn State, Temple is no doubt trying to avoid a dip in support, while potentially cultivating a new crop of Owl fans. Or, as the Inquirer’s Mike Jensen just put it via Twitter, “If you haven’t caught the
drift #Temple grads, school is begging you to show up Sat. Tell them the
dog ate your ticket, they’ll let you in.”
With so many rumors floating about the program’s place in major conference realignment, making strides toward an enlarged and reinvigorated support base only serves to further strengthen the school’s rapidly improving resume.
Both university officials and Temple coach Steve Addazio have stuck to their guns in discussing any potential moves, showing support for and solidarity with the Mid-American Conference at every turn.
Nevertheless, its becoming harder and harder to discuss any Temple activity—wins, losses, ticket promotions, recruiting, practice facility renovations—without viewing it through the lens of realignment.
Just where Temple fits in the puzzle, no one yet knows. Until a conference officially comes calling, the Owls will simply continue to build their resume, and make every effort to fill some of those extra seats at the Linc.
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages