Jun 24, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
If you have no idea who’s in the American Athletic Conference, no one blames you.
But to make a long conference realignment recap short, Temple and UCF are in the same conference now. Well, alright, they’ll be in the same conference this time next week — Monday, July 1.
And at some point next season, the basketball Owls are going to find themselves playing on this floor down at CFE Arena in Orlando, Fla:
UCF reps, explain:
“The court is part of our branding,” UCF men’s basketball head coach Donnie Jones said. “When you turn on the TV, you will know when UCF is playing. We are moving into a new league and will have new opportunities for exposure and the timing is right for a new floor, as well.”
“We’ve wanted to a `blacked out’ court for a while now, so we were really excited when UCF decided to go that direction. The black stain gives the floor a unique quality while allowing the overall design to stay clean and simple. We couldn’t be happier with the finished product,” Praters’ Mike Trotter said. (Praters is the company who designed the floor.)
Temple people, for or against blowing up the “][" and making it more like Texas Tech's set up?
It's June, right? June.
>> UCF's New Home-Court Advantage [UCFAthletics]
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|MJS on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|romanKanai on Michael Young Is Posting Some…|
|Jason R. on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages