Mar 22, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Holy almost give it away, Explorers! You beautiful kids from North Philly held on though, and that’s all that matters. What a wild first day.
After coming out to a red hot start in the first half, La Salle went ice cold in the second, but free throw shooting kept them in it. Love, love, love when teams make free throws.
And the La Salle dream lives on with a relatively beatable opponent in front of them on their path to the sweet sixteen. No. 12 seed Ole Miss upset No. 5 Wisconsin earlier in the day. The Explorers will face them Sunday.
And the Temple Owls held on by the skin of their teeth as well. Nice to see Fran Dunphy further kick that one-and-Dunph stigma under scorers table.
Villanova is up next. Here’s what you need to know about their matchup with the North Carolina Tar Heels this evening.
We’re likely done for the day here. See you at the bar.
More on La Salle’s Win: Instant Replay: La Salle 63, Kansas State 61
More on Temple’s Win: Instant Replay: Temple 76, N.C. State 72
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages