Mar 22, 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
Holy almost give it away, Explorers! You beautiful kids from North Philly held on though, and that’s all that matters. What a wild first day.
After coming out to a red hot start in the first half, La Salle went ice cold in the second, but free throw shooting kept them in it. Love, love, love when teams make free throws.
And the La Salle dream lives on with a relatively beatable opponent in front of them on their path to the sweet sixteen. No. 12 seed Ole Miss upset No. 5 Wisconsin earlier in the day. The Explorers will face them Sunday.
And the Temple Owls held on by the skin of their teeth as well. Nice to see Fran Dunphy further kick that one-and-Dunph stigma under scorers table.
Villanova is up next. Here’s what you need to know about their matchup with the North Carolina Tar Heels this evening.
We’re likely done for the day here. See you at the bar.
More on La Salle’s Win: Instant Replay: La Salle 63, Kansas State 61
More on Temple’s Win: Instant Replay: Temple 76, N.C. State 72
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money