Dec 22, 2012, 6:27 PM EST
NEW YORK — It wasn’t until about 30 minutes after Temple had upset No. 3 Syracuse at Madison Square Garden on Saturday that Anthony Lee fully realized what he and his teammates had done.
Lee knew he had set a new career high with 21 points. He knew how key his 11 of 14 makes from the foul line proved down the stretch. He just didn’t know Syracuse was actually the third-ranked team in the nation.
“Oh, they were No. 3?” Lee asked, with his eyes wide and his face suddenly even more lit up. “No. 3? I thought they
were No. 10. That’s really good. I told somebody else they were No. 10.
That’s what I thought.”
Always an entertaining quote, Lee, who finished with nine rebounds and two blocks, also added: “I was playing like Dwight Howard today.”
Lee, like Howard, likes to wear compression sleeves on both his arms when he’s on the floor, but the comparison is a little bit of a stretch.
After all, Lee is substantially better from the free-throw line.
“I was hot from the free-throw line. I’m a good free-throw percentage shooter,” said Lee, who came into the game shooting 62.5 percent from the line. “When I’ve missed shots, it’s been because I haven’t been bending my knees.
“You know my dad called me the other night, and said I haven’t been bending my knees.
“I just bend my knees and that’s my shot. When I wasn’t doing that, I wasn’t as focused in the last game. But obviously now, with thousands and thousands of more fans, I was just able to block all that out and go through my routine and do what I had to do.”
Just bend your knees, Dwight. Bend your knees.
Temple-Syracuse links: Instant Replay | Game Story
Previously: Temple’s Fran Dunphy Probably Wouldn’t Have Been Happy with This Haircut Had Anthony Lee Not Dropped 16 Last Night
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|G_E on GIF: Jason Kelce’s beard…|
|G_E on Photo Gallery and Tweets: Linc…|
|mickthedick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages