Temple’s Fran Dunphy Probably Wouldn’t Have Been Happy with This Haircut Had Anthony Lee Not Dropped 16 Last Night
Dec 6, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
My first thought: What did Anthony Lee do to his hair?
My second thought, following Temple’s 76-61 win over Villanova at the Pavilion last night: Yo, Ant — can I get a shot of your head?
Lee, a 6-foot-9 redshirt sophomore who wears No. 3 and had “TU3″ shaved into the side of his head, scored 16 points on 7-for-11 shooting in 26 minutes.
For reasons extending beyond the game, and related directly to Fran Dunphy, that was a good thing:
As he started talking about it, Dunphy rolled his eyes and looked in the opposite direction, briefly at appearing to focus on the ceiling.
“(Junior transfer) Dalton Pepper actually dared me to do it, because he had like, you know, like a mullet-type haircut … So I just thought I’d do something to represent the school.”
Asked when he was getting letters shaved in his head, Dunphy replied:
Picture via USA Today Images
|gov on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|ochospantalones on Tonight: Hollywood Hamels|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money