Oct 29, 2011, 1:48 PM EST
The Temple University Owls are either enjoying the warmth of their dorm rooms or playing in the snow. Whatever the case, we know Bernard Pierce won’t be anywhere near the practice field.
Off on Saturday, the Owls will return to action in prime time against Ohio University this Wednesday night on ESPN. The game figures to be the most important of the season for the Temple.
After injuring his hamstring two weeks ago and sitting out the entire week of practice leading up to the Bowling Green game, Bernard Pierce ran for a touchdown and over 100 yards against the Falcons, but did so in very clear pain.
Coach Steve Addazio updated Pierce’s status Friday, refusing to comment on whether or not Bernard would play, but confirming that he will be held out of practice.
Though the coach was unable to comment, Pierce is nonetheless assumed to be available for Temple’s crucial matchup with Ohio on Wednesday. How effective Pierce will be or whether he’ll have his typical breakaway speed are questions remain a matter of speculation.
The junior running back and the leader of the Temple offense has said multiple times this season that he is determined to prove to both himself and his doubters that he can play an entire season without succumbing to injury.
We’ll be back on Wednesday to preview Temple-Ohio and break down Temple’s hopes of winning the MAC East and/or qualifying for a bowl game.
As has been the case the past for two years for the Owls, their MAC title hopes could rest on the how they handle Ohio.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages