May 2, 2013, 1:37 AM EDT
The festive Broad Street Run will take place in Philadelphia on Sunday and the city is doing everything it can to ensure both participants and spectators will have an enjoyable and safe day. Some of the extra precautions being taken include removal of mail boxes, increased police presence, and extra video cameras along the 10-mile course.
Comcast SportsNet’s Amy Fadool covered the specifics on SportsNite last night in the above clip. Mayor Nutter reiterated there is no specific threat and that the city is just doing everything it can do ensure everyone’s safety. He also asked for those running or attending to leave all bags at home if possible.
If any of you readers are running or spectating on Sunday and would like to share your stories or photos, shoot us an email at the700level @t gmail.com and we’ll be happy to provide and outlet. We’re big fans of fun Philly events. But we also hate the physical act of running with great passion.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return