Sep 1, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Kudos to the Villanova Wildcats for employing an original fake punt that worked to the tune of a 47-yard touchdown run. It’s not every day you see a real snap, followed by a fake snap/fumblerooski thing, followed by an I-have-no-idea-what’s-going-on-because-the-camera-lost-sight-of-the-football.
I was prepared to be impressed, but I couldn’t quite figure out how this actually worked. Then it came to me: they were playing Boston College. It should have been obvious. Sure, Enrico’s alma mater may have beaten up on the local defenseless Division I-AA university 24-14, but seeing as the Golden Eagles or whatever they are were 2-10 last season, it may be the win of the year for that school. Let them have it.
Nova meanwhile is poised to make a run at a National Championship against the programs they are actually expected to compete with. You can read more about that here.
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money