Sep 8, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Penn State misses kicker Anthony Fera, who left the Nittany Lions this summer via the NCAA’s waiver for players impacted by the sanctions against program.
Sophomore Sam Ficken didn’t attempt any field goals against Ohio in Week 1, but tried five today.
Unfortunately for Penn State, who lost 17-16 to Virginia in Charlottesville, he missed four of them, including the potential game-winner as time expired.
Ficken’s misses came from 40, 38, 20 and 42. He also had an extra point blocked, which was kind of crucial considering Penn State lost by just a single point.
Game highlights and his final miss below:
With the loss, Penn State drops to 0-2 under new head coach Bill O’Brien.
|shopping online on Eagles, Cedric Thornton agree…|
|shopping.google.nl on Hunter Pence Rides ‘Let…|
|Chutley on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money