Sep 8, 2012, 4:53 PM EST
Penn State misses kicker Anthony Fera, who left the Nittany Lions this summer via the NCAA’s waiver for players impacted by the sanctions against program.
Sophomore Sam Ficken didn’t attempt any field goals against Ohio in Week 1, but tried five today.
Unfortunately for Penn State, who lost 17-16 to Virginia in Charlottesville, he missed four of them, including the potential game-winner as time expired.
Ficken’s misses came from 40, 38, 20 and 42. He also had an extra point blocked, which was kind of crucial considering Penn State lost by just a single point.
Game highlights and his final miss below:
With the loss, Penn State drops to 0-2 under new head coach Bill O’Brien.
|Rob is good on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|Lol on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|badman on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|lahoe819 on Eagles won’t rest their starte…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages