Mar 23, 2013, 8:12 PM EST
If you’re comparing styles, you probably won’t finder a stranger matchup in the 2013 NCAA Tournament than Khalif Wyatt vs. Victor Oladipo.
He’s played just one game in the tournament and you’ve already heard every analyst across the quartet of networks refer to Wyatt’s “old-man game.” Just two weeks ago, Fran Dunphy held his index finger no more than an two inches from his thumb to evidence his guard’s vertical leap. I’ve watched every viewable game of his college career and I’m still not sure I’ve ever seen him dunk the ball. Not that any of that matters, since Wyatt dropped more points in the second round (31) than any other player.
But you know who doesn’t have an old-man game? This guy:
Oladipo is one of the best athletes in the tournament and will likely be the primary cover on Wyatt on Sunday. Down at the other end, you can expect to see Dunphy try to match Oladipo with Scootie Randall.
Upcoming NBA Lottery-pick Cody Zeller in the post is an entirely separate issue — one for which Temple does not really have an answer — but you’ve heard all year — most recently from N.C. State coach Mark Gottfried — that Wyatt can hang with anyone in any conference.
Tomorrow, he’s headed up against No. 1 Indiana and the guy who set the college basketball world on fire with a alley-oop he didn’t even convert:
They’re absolutely nothing alike, and it should be great to watch:
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages