May 17, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
Some college basketball news here heading into the weekend: Plymouth Whitemarsh product Jaylen Bond tweeted Friday that he’ll be transferring to Temple.
The 6-foot-7 forward spent two years at Texas but was granted his release back in March after he didn’t get the kind of run he wanted in head coach Rick Barnes’ rotation.
For more on the transfer and how it impacts Temple, click here.
As for why we’re here, Bond is second all-time in PW history with 1,608 career points and an athletic freak. You could cast the kid in a Marvel movie and be like, “Yo, there’s aliens in New York or whatever, go dunk this ball.”
Have a look:
Bond has two years of eligibility remaining. Whether he’ll qualify for a waiver that allows him to play next season, we’ll see.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return