May 17, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
Some college basketball news here heading into the weekend: Plymouth Whitemarsh product Jaylen Bond tweeted Friday that he’ll be transferring to Temple.
The 6-foot-7 forward spent two years at Texas but was granted his release back in March after he didn’t get the kind of run he wanted in head coach Rick Barnes’ rotation.
For more on the transfer and how it impacts Temple, click here.
As for why we’re here, Bond is second all-time in PW history with 1,608 career points and an athletic freak. You could cast the kid in a Marvel movie and be like, “Yo, there’s aliens in New York or whatever, go dunk this ball.”
Have a look:
Bond has two years of eligibility remaining. Whether he’ll qualify for a waiver that allows him to play next season, we’ll see.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money