Sep 10, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
A perrenial favorite to win the FCS national championship or a chance to play in the Big East and get those coveted games against some of the nation’s best football programs? That appears to be the dilemma facing Villanova’s football program which has been asked to join the Big East.
As a Philly sports fan with zero ties to any of the local schools, it would be great to have a football team in one of the big time conferences, even if the Big East isn’t what it once was in the football space.
Our buddy Dan Levy thinks the move is a no brainer for Villanova but believes the Big East is picking the wrong Philadelphia team.
Any Nova alums or just regular old Philly sports fans feel strongly about the potential move?
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money