Mar 7, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
The Villanova Wildcats knocked off the 5th ranked team in the nation last night in South Philadelphia. Kudos to Jay Wright’s squad for the win over Georgetown that should help their chances of punching a ticket to the tourney in a few weeks.
But what we found interesting as we tuned in to the final few minutes — which actually took about an hour with all of the fouling — was that the Nova fans in attendance didn’t make any attempt to storm the court.
Whether the win over the 5th ranked team warranted is another debate. I just wanted to see some excited fans acting like fools. That’s what makes college hoops so fun.
Turns out, the PA announcer at the Wells Fargo Center requested that fans stay off the playing area, and when the game ended they actually listened.
College kids doing what they are told: not very entertaining.
The PA guy says Villanova would “request your cooperation in staying off the playing area.” Can’t you just say don’t storm the court?
— Jonathan Tannenwald (@pretzel_logic) March 7, 2013
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return