Jun 8, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
The Temple Owls will play the Notre Dame Fighting Irish for the first time when the two teams meet in South Bend on Aug. 31.
And it’s June, so naturally all we really care about is whether or not to lay the points.
Fortunately for all of you stuck betting baseball and LeBron, the Golden Nugget Casino in Las Vegas on Friday became the first establishment to post numbers for the 2013 college football season.
Unfortunately for Temple, Notre Dame is (-24).
The Irish, as you may have heard, will be without last year’s freshman sensation QB Everett Golson, who is no longer part of the team for exercising what he termed “poor academic judgement.”
That means Tommy Rees is back under center as the Notre Dame starting quarterback, reinvigorating the greatest player-coach relationship in college sports. Nobody glares at a quarterback like Brian Kelly at Tommy Rees. Think of the way you look at your TV after Michael Vick does something Vick-esque, multiply that by death, and translate it into a four-hour bus ride home from Michigan.
Anyway, check out all the Golden Nugget lines posted by a dude named Johnny Detroit — because of course that’s his name — over on this PreGame.com message board.
Anything intrigue you Week 1? Ole Miss (-4) at Vandy? Northwestern (-10.5) at Cal? LSU (-4) at TCU?
Your other posted Temple spreads:
–Saturday, Oct. 5: Louisville at Temple (+17)
–Friday, Oct. 11: Temple (+18) at Cincinnati
|kammergame on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|Eagles Nation on If Bill Conlin Is Suspended, H…|
|Marvin Monroe on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|33 on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Video: Claude Giroux with the goal of the year in crazy Flyers' comeback win over Blue Jackets
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola