Mar 22, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
With three Philadelphia teams playing in the NCAA Tournament today, it’s a pretty great time for the city to come together and support all of the local schools. Brotherly love and all that stuff. Or, if you’re a bar in Havertown, use the opportunity to mock one of the team’s that failed to make it to the big dance.
It’s classic Big Five, really. Most support one another when not facing each other, but then the (likely) Temple and Villanova fans of the world also use the chance to mock Phil Martelli and his Hawks. We hear their golf game is also lacking this year.
The above photo is from outside of McGillicuddy’s in Havertown. Taken by and used with permission of @WiffleBall1.
As a refresher, St. Joe’s season ended on a brutal buzzer beater in the NIT on Tuesday. Too chilly out for golf anyway. I’d suggest hitting the local pub to watch some hoops on the TV. Maybe order some frys.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money