Oct 11, 2011, 3:28 PM EST
With the Big-12 and Big East scrambling to win the award for the “next-to-least-viable” football conference, the Inquirer’s Mike Jensen is highlighting some news that may surprise you.
Many will remember that Villanova’s possible move to the Big East last fall was complicated by not only stadium logistics, but also certain legal—and, ultimately, financial—obstacles tied to Title IX.
Less than one year later, women’s athletics might again be shaping the course of Big East football.
We’re all aware that Villanova wouldn’t exactly be thrilled with Temple joining the Big East, especially as an all-sports member, but this seems like a scenario with which all parties could potentially live.
If you’re interested in Temple, Villanova, the future of the Big East, or just realignment in general, the remainder of Jensen’s piece is a great read on the logistics of local programs making some very serious changes.
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages