Sep 25, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
The Sixers on Monday made former Minnesota Golden Gopher Rodney Williams the latest to sign a partially-guaranteed deal with the franchise, joining him with Khalif Wyatt, Darius Morris, and Vander Blue.
Williams, you may remember, played for the Sixers’ summer league team in Orlando after going undrafted.
In his final year at Minnesota, the 6-foot-7 guard/forward averaged 10.1 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.3 blocks. Those numbers aren’t anything super impressive, but Williams, if you don’t know, happens to be an athletic freak.
In fact, local fans may best remember him from the Gophers’ 2012 visit to the Tom Gola Arena for a first-round NIT matchup with La Salle.
Yes, Ramon Galloway’s reverse was better, but watch Williams just mess up Earl Pettis’ entire day:
Pettis finished with a team-high 19 points, but Williams bested him with a game-high 21 to go along with six rebounds, as Minnesota ousted La Salle, 70-61.
Your team, your town, your Philadelphia 76ers — currently comprised of a lot recent college kids you’ve maybe heard of.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return