May 23, 2006, 12:04 AM EDT
You probably don’t even know who this is, but he retired on Sunday prior to the Phillies victory over the Red Sox. I don’t know much of anything about Alex Gonzalez but I do know he was doing nothing but hurting the Phillies. He was batting a whopping .111 in his limited role off the…
May 20, 2006, 4:51 PM EDT
Wicked Hahdcoah Originally uploaded by emc303.
May 19, 2006, 2:05 AM EDT
Friday random video: remember when Donovan used to run? Those were the days. By far the greatest game I’ve ever been to. And a little Larry Anderson audio for you from the other night in Milwaukee courtesy of Chase.
May 18, 2006, 12:06 PM EDT
According to the Inky: People want to watch Phillies lefthander Cole Hamels. His debut Friday night against the Cincinnati Reds on Comcast SportsNet drew a 7.7 rating, the highest rating for a Phillies game on the cable channel since July 4, 2001, for a game against the New York Yankees. People are excited about the…
May 18, 2006, 11:41 AM EDT
A kid from Havertown makes it on to the front page of ESPN.com but for tragic reasons. ESPN does a nice piece on Kyle Ambrogi.
May 18, 2006, 12:51 AM EDT
I ended up making it to the game last night in Milwaukee. Miller Park was a very nice place to watch a baseball game. It’s unfortunate the outcome of the game didn’t turn out better. Some observations: It’s pretty crazy listening to Bob Uecker actually call a real baseball game, something I’ve never really heard…
May 17, 2006, 8:39 PM EDT
Phils @ Miller Park Originally uploaded by emc303.
May 17, 2006, 3:17 PM EDT
In a bit of a bizarre news story, Jeremy Bloom was at the White House because he was in the Olympics. Bloom tried to give George W. a signed McNabb jersey, but somehow the jersey ended up in his wife’s hands. I think it’s unfortunate neither of the Bush daughters were present because they surely…
May 16, 2006, 12:29 AM EDT
So he isn’t really starring in Rocky VI but it looks like he just went the distance with Apollo Creed. Aaron Rowand spoke at a press conference on Monday about his now mythic catch last week. "People can call me stupid," he said. "It doesn’t bother me." Rowand’s catch served as an inspiration to Gavin…
May 15, 2006, 1:41 AM EDT
Friday it was Cole Hamels making his much anticipated debut to lead the Phillies to a win. Saturday it was Jon Lieber flirting with perfection to shut out the Reds. And Sunday it was Ryan Howard, after spending the night in the hospital, coming off the bench to hit two homers to lead the Phillies…
May 14, 2006, 11:07 AM EDT
Major League players are stepping up to bat for breast cancer awareness today in games all across the country. Louisville Slugger has created the special bats for the day. After the games are played and the bats are used, you will be able to bid on the pink bats in an auction at MLB.com with…
May 14, 2006, 10:44 AM EDT
Steroids are still funny.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money