Mar 27, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
Tim McCarver will retire from broadcasting following the 2013 season. The move was announced today on a conference call. That means one half of FOX’s No. 1 baseball broadcasting duo will be hanging them up. It’s safe to say many baseball fans were not also fans of the former Phillie in the broadcast booth.
“I’ve informed FOX Sports that I will not seek to extend my
contract to broadcast baseball past the 2013 season,” McCarver said.
“Although I am neither tired of broadcasting baseball nor have I in any
way lost my interest in baseball, with which I have been associated as a
player and broadcaster for 55 years, it’s time to cut back.
Kind of an odd statement.
|Nicky Boy on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Scott B on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
|Junie gees on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|dialectician on Quotable: Ruben Amaro Jr. says…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages