Jun 20, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Phillies are off today before kicking off a three game set with the Cardinals in St. Louis on Tuesday. While the Phils are coming off a series loss in Seattle to the Mariners, they’re currently working with an almost entirely healthy roster.
Unfortunately for the Cards, they lost their MVP over the weekend for 4-6 weeks. From the AP, “The team announced the results of an MRI and CT scan Monday, a day after
Pujols was injured during a home game against Kansas City. The team
said Pujols has a non-displaced fracture of his left radius and his arm
is in a splint.”
Losing Pujols for much of the summer will be a real challenge for a Cardinals squad that is neck and neck with the Milwaukee Brewers for the NL Central lead. Tony La Russa will have to work some magic in trying to replace Pujols, despite the slugger not having one of his patented MVP-caliber seasons.
As for the Phillies, their pitchers certainly won’t miss facing Albert this week.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return