May 9, 2013, 8:14 AM EDT
You’ve likely already seen Roy Halladay discuss the procedure he will undergo in the next week or so, but if you’re like me, you probably didn’t understand all of the medical jargon involved. Comcast SportsNet’s Lisa Hillary caught up with Dr. Mark Schwartz who explained much of the anatomy of the shoulder we’re dealing with. Halladay had mentioned being able to return in as little as three months if all goes smoothly. Dr. Schwartz seems to think that’s a bit optimistic, with throwing perhaps being able to get underway in three months in a best case scenario, but something closer to four months for actual pitching. And that’s if there are zero hiccups and everything looks good once they open him up.
If Halladay has surgery in the next week and returns in four months, that’d leave two or three turns through the rotation come September.
Safe to say I’m not as optimistic as Doc. But I certainly won’t doubt his rehab efforts. Just one of those “expect the worst, hope for the best” deals.
|Momby on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|Jay D on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|willh888 on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|galasso2586 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return