Jun 26, 2011, 12:57 PM EDT
Roy Halladay takes the mound this afternoon at Citizens Bank Park in the rubber match of a three game set against the A’s. Doc is opposed by former Phillie farmhand Josh Outman, who was dealt to Oakland in the Joe Blanton trade. Outman, who has only started six games thus far this season, is 3-1 with a 2.86 ERA.
In an effort to get something/anything going against the left-handed Outman Charlie Manuel has shuffled his lineup a bit:
Rollins SS, Polanco 3B, Victorino CF, Howard 1B, Francisco RF, Ruiz C, Ibanez LF, Valdez 2B, Halladay P
The changes include Shane hitting third, Francisco starting in right and hitting fifth, Chooch moving up to sixth, and Raul dropping to seventh.
Gametime is set for 1:35.
- With Ryan Madson sidelined for a few days with a sore hand the closer duties will be split between Antonio Bastardo and Mike Stutes.
- Roy Oswalt will fly to Texas to meet with spine surgeon Dr. Andrew Dosset. Oswalt is seeking a second opinion after Phillies team doctors reviewed an MRI, which revealed bulging discs in his back. Team doctors suggested treating Oswalt with injections and strengthening exercises.
Photo Credit: Barbara Johnton, US Presswire
|will on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|FlyersFan on Wayne Simmonds on Hartsy and V…|
|FlyersFan on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
|Shane Gostisbehere on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money