Sep 20, 2012, 3:51 PM EST
The Phillies will kick off their final homestand of the 2012 season tomorrow by welcoming the Atlanta Braves to town followed by a three-game set with the Washington Nationals beginning on Tuesday. Aside from the obvious potential playoff implications — in addition to all of the delectable food and drink options — there are still plenty of other reasons to get to Citizens Bank Park over the next week.
Chipper Jones will be honored before Friday night’s game during a retirement ceremony and you’ll want to get in as many last-minute “Laaarrrrrry!”s as possible.
The real selling point over the weekend, however, is Sunday’s game.
Not only will it be Cole Hamels Action Figurine giveaway day for fans 14 and under, but Sixers center and big bright hope for some fun at the Wells Fargo Center this winter, Andrew Bynum, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|LightMan on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|You're Clueless on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages