Sep 20, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
The Phillies final home series of the 2011 regular season kicks off with a double header today against the Washington Nationals and guess what? Rain is in the forecast.
Not only could today’s doubleheader once again be impacted by rain, but you’re getting a beast of a lineup out of Charlie Manuel’s Phils in game one.
Victorino CF, Valdez SS, Mayberry 1B, Pence RF, Francisco LF, Kratz C, Orr 2B, Martinez 3B, and Kendrick P.
Eric Kratz will be making his Phillies debut but he did have a cup of coffee with the Pirates last season. He hit .288 with 15 home runs in Lehigh Valley this season. He’s also a local guy so today is likely a special one for him.
What I want to know is when will Hunter Pence get a little rest? Sure, the guy is a walking ball of energy, but even the Duracell Bunny needs to change his batteries every now and then.
And what happened to Dom Brown? Has he really fallen so far from where he once was (or projected to be) that he can’t see some action in a mostly meaningless game against the Nats?
It’s Kyle Kendrick (8-6, 3.22) making his second start since returning to the rotation from the pen going up against left-hander Tommy Milone (1-0, 4.60).
First pitch set for 1:05. Bring your poncho.
Here’s the Nats Lineup:
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money