May 21, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
Losing to the Marlins and getting no support from your offense sucks. You can’t blame Cole Hamels for being angry after last night’s loss. Sometimes you wonder how in the world it could possibly get worse? Well, if you want to look on the bright side, at least Cole didn’t punch a locker and break his hand following the game like Washington Nationals reliever Ryan Mattheus did on Sunday.
Check it, from the Washington Post:
“I was pretty upset, and I let my emotions get the best of me,” Mattheus said. “I hit my locker, and unfortunately I injured myself. It’s pretty embarrassing. It’s a tough one to swallow. I feel like I let the other 25 guys down on this team. I let the whole Washington Nationals organization down doing something stupid.”
But at least you made Phillies fans feel a little better about our own predicament.
He went all Andy Reid too:
“That’s what’s so embarrassing about it,” Mattheus said. “It’s absolutely something I can control. It’s not like I hurt myself out on the field. I got to do a better job of that.”
Really, you do.
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ThatGuy on The ‘Group of Death…|
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages