Jul 20, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
Well, the Phillies loss on Wednesday night, despite how it may have felt, did not actually mark the end of the Phillies season. They’re still 13.5 out in the East and 10 back of a Wild Card berth. The fight goes on and it goes on tonight at Citizens Bank Park.
The Phils welcome in the San Francisco Giants (51-41) back to the scene of their 2010 NLCS-clinching victory. Little Timmy Lincecum (3-10, 5.93) will take the hill for San Fran tonight but he has not been the Cy Young-caliber pitcher of year’s past.
While he’s coming off one of his better starts this season, Lincecum has not been able to put it together in 2012, particularly on the road. According to CSN’s “what you need to know:” Lincecum has a 9.00 ERA in 10 road starts this season, allowing 47 earned runs in 47 innings.
So the Phillies have that going for them.
The Fightins, however, are a lowly 17-27 (.386) at Citizens Bank Park this season, but if they want to make a legit effort to turn 2012 around, they’re going to have to flip that trend on its head. That’s not up for debate. Gotta get better at home.
Charlie, however, is a little worried about that dang nabbit ugly grass in center field thanks to Roger Waters.
Manuel joking about outfield grass after P Floyd: “If there’s any way possible for that grass to hurt us, I’m sure it will jump up & do it.”
— John Gonzalez (@gonzoCSN) July 20, 2012
It’s Vance Worley’s turn to try and put in a solid effort from the rotation, which has been real impressive of late. From the notes: Phillies starters have allowed three earned runs or less in each of their last seven games for an ERA of 2.45 (13 ER, 47.2 IP).
Tonight’s Lineup is the Best Lineup: 1) Jimmy Rollins 2) Shane Victorino 3) Chase Utley 4) Ryan Howard 5) Carlos Ruiz 6) Hunter Pence 7) Juan Pierre 8) Placido Polanco 9) Vance Worley
7:05 start from CBP. Could be a little soggy.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money