Mar 19, 2013, 1:07 PM EST
Darin Ruf’s adventures in outfielding saw another ugly episode on Monday when a Freddie Freeman flyball took the Phillies left fielder close to the wall. It didn’t really appear like the ball was going to be a home run, but that was before Ruf got his glove on the ball and it proceeded to pop out and head over the fence for a dinger.
Here’s how Sully described it:
In the field, he had an adventure when he tracked down Freddie Freeman’s
drive to the wall in left. The ball, however, ricocheted off of Ruf’s
glove and over the wall for a homer.
He did at least have two doubles at the plate.
But coming into Monday he hasn’t been having the best spring. From NBC’s Dash Treyhorn (probably not his real name):
In 15 games coming into Monday’s game, Ruf had a line
of .205/.300/.341, with one homer, three doubles and seven RBIs. Again,
March stats are for the birds, but he hasn’t done himself any favors
with the bat, especially considering his reputation as a slugger.
Ruf probably just wants his rocky, shaggy, nappy, rugged, and bumpy spring to end.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages