Dec 14, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Hey, at least he’s a quick learner.
Ben Revere was welcomed to town yesterday and got his Philadelphia feet wet by ordering a cheesesteak at Chickie’s and Pete’s — sort of. The center fielder made the mistake of ordering a chicken cheesesteak and putting lettuce and tomato on it.
The twitterverse was outraged. Some even wrote lengthy screeds about the horrible mistep.
Alas, Ben apologized profusely on Daily News Live last night and promised to never make that mistake again.
He also said he plans to hit a home run someday, which is nice.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return