Apr 8, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
Ben Revere is doing his darnedest to try and make himself a new beloved member of the Philadelphia Phillies. He’s talking about cheesecake, or cheesesteaks — one or the other. He’s eating brunch at legit local joints and tweeting about it. He’s even brushing up on classic Philly sports cinema.
Watching invincible before going to the field.. #phillylove
— Ben Revere (@BenRevere9) April 8, 2013
What Revere will soon learn is we don’t care what movies he watches, whether or not he puts ketchup on a cheesesteak, or if he wants to brunch at IHOP. What we care about is the center fielder getting on base, causing havoc on the basepaths, and covering all of the outfield like a boss.
Thus far he’s been pretty solid at all of the above. Revere has gone 7-27 in the Phils’ first six games, scoring 4 times while knocking in 2 RBIs. He’s swiped three bags and has a slash line of .259 / .286 / .259. That’s a very Revere-like slugging percentage.
As you can see in the above video, he’s flashed the glove nicely as well. Your initial thoughts on the Phillies new leadoff man?
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return