Apr 8, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
Ben Revere is doing his darnedest to try and make himself a new beloved member of the Philadelphia Phillies. He’s talking about cheesecake, or cheesesteaks — one or the other. He’s eating brunch at legit local joints and tweeting about it. He’s even brushing up on classic Philly sports cinema.
Watching invincible before going to the field.. #phillylove
— Ben Revere (@BenRevere9) April 8, 2013
What Revere will soon learn is we don’t care what movies he watches, whether or not he puts ketchup on a cheesesteak, or if he wants to brunch at IHOP. What we care about is the center fielder getting on base, causing havoc on the basepaths, and covering all of the outfield like a boss.
Thus far he’s been pretty solid at all of the above. Revere has gone 7-27 in the Phils’ first six games, scoring 4 times while knocking in 2 RBIs. He’s swiped three bags and has a slash line of .259 / .286 / .259. That’s a very Revere-like slugging percentage.
As you can see in the above video, he’s flashed the glove nicely as well. Your initial thoughts on the Phillies new leadoff man?
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ThatGuy on The ‘Group of Death…|
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages