Apr 18, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
The Phillies are back home tonight in South Philadelphia where they’ll kick off an important series with the St. Louis Cardinals. After getting swept out of Cincinatti in truly horrid fashion, Charlie Manuel finally shook things up this evening by dropping Ben Revere out of the leadoff spot all the way down to No. 7 and also inserted Freddy Galvis into left field with Dom Brown tweaking his back last night. Yes, you read that right. Galvis will be manning the outfield and batting second tonight.
I didn’t jump on the Revere Hate Train as quickly as many people, but after 15 games, his numbers at the top of the order haven’t improved. They simply need their leadoff guy to get on base at a better clip.
The task of the offense turning things around won’t be easy as they’ll face Adam Wainright and Jamie Garcia in the first two games of the series. Beerleauger points out that after their solid starters, the Cards are weak in the pen.
Getting to the bullpen will be tough in these first two games, however.
Adam Wainwright goes in Game 1, after a four-hit shutout with 12 Ks.
Wainwright has 24 strikeouts and no walks this season. His curveball has
been devastating as always, holding the opposition to a .150 batting
average. From 2007-12 that number was .157.
The Phils counter with Cole Hamels this evening who is coming off a better start than his wretched season opener.
Pray that some home cooking is what the offense needs to get something going.
7:05 start per usual. Get these guys some mustache dogs or something.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages