Jun 29, 2011, 7:51 PM EST
I don’t know about you, but I’m tired tired tired of watching the Phillies lollygag their way through the first half of the season. ONLY 20 GAMES OVER .500?? GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND FIGHT, FIGHTINS.
Fortunately, motivational speaker/champion pugilist Bernard Hopkins was brought in to give them the what-for before Wednesday night’s game against the Red Sox.
Susan Lulgjuraj of the Press of Atlantic City was on the scene and recorded some of his pearls of wisdom, which you can find here. I for one like that while the champ had some words of advice for the Phillies, he didn’t front that his success in the ring wouldn’t necessarily translate to the diamond.
“I was about 13 years old. I was on Broad St., chasing some guy up the street with a bat. Literally,” he said.
Maybe that’s what Josh Beckett was thinking last night when he carried the bat all the way to first on that groundout?
>>More from Susan L on the Executioner, some good stuff with Hopkins speaking his mind on a variety of topics
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages