Apr 18, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
Congratulations must go out to Jamie Moyer for becoming the oldest player to ever earn a win in Major League Baseball by helping the Rockies defeat the San Diego Padres last night. Moyer is a remarkable 49-years young.
According to Deadspin, Old Man Moyer’s fastball topped out at 80 mph during last night’s victory. Crafty ‘ole son of a bitch.
Moyer will join the ranks of Wilson Valdez as part of his uniform/glove/etc. will be sent to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY.
We’ll always have a soft spot for the Philadelphia native and member of the 2008 WFC Phillies.
Jimmy Rollins had some fun with his former teammate on Twitter this afternoon as well.
Also S/o to Jamie Moyer on being the oldest living “dinosaur” to win a MLB game. Old man still has it!
— Jimmy Rollins (@JimmyRollins11) April 18, 2012
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages