Sep 29, 2011, 11:28 AM EST
In one of the more enjoyable articles we’ve read about the madness that was last night’s MLB games, The New York Times’ political stat man Nate Silver looks at the wild probability of all of the events leading up to last night’s Red Sox and Braves’ collapses.
His explanation that doesn’t uses any baseball stats is by far the best.
*If you’re a Curb Your Enthusiasm fan but have not seen all of the episodes from this season, we suggest you stop reading now if you don’t want any spoilers.*
“Mister Softee”, Mr. Buckner was featured prominently. Jeered by Red
Sox fans everywhere he went, he dropped a baseball autographed by Mookie
Wilson out a window. But he restored his reputation after catching a
baby dropped from a burning building.
Mr. Buckner’s redemption was superfluous: a case of two 180-degree
rotations turning the Red Sox’ karma all the way back around. From the
day that the episode aired, the Red Sox went 6-18.
How amazing is this graph?
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages