Jun 27, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
“Oh, you do that 700 Club website, right?”
“Yeah, no. The 700 LEVEL. It’s not religious. I don’t run any nightclubs in Northern Liberties either.”
I’ve had that conversation countless times. But it’s okay, people who have no idea what the 700 level at Vet Stadium was, I’ll forgive you.
Not surprisingly, the short 700 Club segment on the Christian Broadcasting Network which aired as part of the sponsored program on the CW focuses on Ben Revere’s relationship with Jesus and the challenges he overcame to actually play Major League Baseball.
After proving himself for 4 seasons in the minors, Ben was called up to the Twins. Now with the Phillies, the undersized outfielder is in his 3rd year in the big leagues. He’s says it’s not just his talent that has gotten him to the big leagues, but the Lord. “It’s a humbling, it’s a humbling thing. It helps me grow up. It really helps you grow up. Because you see these little kids there who look up to you. And they’d be like, ‘Man, you’re my hero.’ I’m like, ‘I should not be your hero. Jesus should be your hero. I’m playing this for Him. It’s just playing this game; I’m never playing for myself. I’m always going to play for the Big Man upstairs. Because He gave me this, I mean, He gave me the chance to do this.”
It also includes the line:
Anyone who’s played with Ben will tell you that his best quality isn’t his ability to catch pop flies, but his charismatic personality that’s rooted in his faith in the Lord.
Oh, we know nobody is going to tell us his best quality is his ability to catch pop flies. We know.
[thanks to allan smithee for the tip]
|Adam B on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|psudrozz on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|The Bees Knees on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|Joe B on Photos: Temple Basketball will…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages