Aug 15, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
A live bat made its way onto the field last night at Turner Field, which should be your first indication that it was not in the hands of a Phillie.
The bat, sitting/laying on the infield grass in the second inning, appeared unable to fly and was picked up by Braves third baseman Paul Janish, who promptly handed it to a bat boy.
I can’t think of any more blatant a reference to Batman: Year One – which for you non-nerds was basically like Batman Begins in comic book form, but like 18 years beforehand and with more suicide contemplations (Jim Gordon was in a dark place people).
The rest of the bat boy’s night appears below courtesy Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli:
Panels via Comic Coverage
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return