May 6, 2012, 8:27 PM EST
You have to love that hustle if you’re a Nats fan. Not so much if you’re from Philadelphia.
Hamels got the last laugh on this night, however, as his offense backed up his eight stellar innings of work, leading the Phillies to a 9-3 victory.
After the game, Hamels actually admitted to throwing at Harper as a “welcome to the big leagues” type move.
All quotes courtesy of CSN’s Reuben Frank, who was down in DC:
“I’m not going to lie. I was trying to hit him,” Hamels said.
“I’m not going to injure a guy, and they’re probably not going to like
me for it, but I’m not going to lie and say I wasn’t trying to do it. I
think they understood the message, and they threw it right back, and I
think that’s the way, and I respect it.”
And on Jordan Zimmermann throwing back at Hamels in the third inning:
“Oh yeah, that’s baseball. I’m kind of happy that’s the way it works,
because that’s the way it should. And I don’t think the umpires should
interfere with it. Let baseball be baseball. I grew up playing the game
hard and watching it, and that’s the way it was, and I’d hate for them
to change it, which has kind of happened in recent years. Just let it
play out and then we get back to playing, and that’s just the way it
Cole Hamels is a man.
Great base running by Harper, obviously. Goes from 1st to 3rd on a single to left. Takes advantage of Hamels’ move to first and steals home.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) May 7, 2012
Why are they still talking about the Nats sending a message? Didn’t Harper just send one to Hamels by stealing home?
— ‘Duk(@KevinKaduk) May 7, 2012
Buy beer. RT @MLB: BRYCE HARPER JUST STOLE HOME. What can’t this kid do?
— Mike Meech (@meechone) May 7, 2012
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages