Feb 9, 2012, 11:27 AM EST
How bad do you want a World Series Ring? Or perhaps the better question is how much money do you have to waste?
A former member of the Phillies front office who has chosen to remain nameless to this point has placed their ring from the 2008 WFC Phillies season up on eBay. Starting bid is just a shade under $20,000, so you may have to crack open your Carlos Ruiz piggy bank.
A few more details:
-The ring is 14 karat white gold and contains 103 diamonds totaling 3.84 karats
-The 103 diamonds represent the 92 regular season and 11 postseason wins for the Phillies in 2008.
top of the ring is crowned with a ruby inlay and the Phillies signature
“P”. The “P” is inset with diamonds and sits upon a panel of pave set
bright cut diamonds.The title “World Champions” is written along the
rings top and bottom outer rim which is also bordered in diamonds.
left side of the ring features the team’s name, Phillies, written in
script across the front of the City of Philadelphia’s most identifiable
landmark, the Liberty Bell. The bell and clangor are inlaid with 11
diamonds, symbolic of the team’s 11 wins in the 2008 postseason. The
employees last name is written prominently above the bell. Crossed bats
appear directly beneath the bell.
championship year, 2008, stands out across the right top side of the
ring. Two diamond baguettes have been placed within the zeros to signify
the clubs two world championships. The World Series trophy rising out
of Citizens Bank PArk signifies the tremendous support of our fans who
cheered the team on throughout the entire 2008 regular season and
postseason games. The 2008 World Series team logos and final score in
games (4-1) are noted on either side of the trophy.
|2sentz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|duffman on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|docdeath20 on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages