Mar 3, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Raul Ibanez returned to Brighthouse Field as a Yankee on Saturday afternoon to take on his former team in the first Grapefruit League game of the season. Raul blooped an RBI double off of Cole Hamels in the first inning and proceeded to stick his cleat into the hand of second baseman Michael Martinez as he slid into second. What a meanie.
Phillies beat writer Jim Salisbury caught up with Raul before the game to talk about his time in Philly and his hopes of having a great season for the Yankees in 2012.
amazing organization. Great people. Tremendous fans. I have a lot of
friends over there. I’m glad to be able to come back and say hello.”
Phillies fans showed their appreciation for Ibanez’s time in Philly before the game this afternoon by showering him with the familiar “Rauuuuuuuuuuuul” cheers.
Hopefully we’ll see him again come October.
US Presswire photos
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money