Apr 5, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
Cliff Lee was fantastic on Thursday night in Atlanta helping the Phillies come home to play in front of the Philadelphia faithful for the first time in 2013 with a much-desired win under their belt. And boy that one win certainly helps the morale of the entire city, Charlie Manuel and his boys included.
Jim Salisbury writing in his recap of last night’s 2-0 Phillies victory:
The Phils headed home late Thursday night at 1-2.
That sounds a lot better than 0-3 — especially during introductions before Friday’s home opener.
“Without a doubt,” manager Charlie Manuel said with a laugh. “We’ve got hope now.”
The Phillies got their first ‘W.’
Cliff Lee was a beast.
And the Phillies play in South Philly today.
|gov on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|ochospantalones on Tonight: Hollywood Hamels|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money