Apr 2, 2012, 10:40 AM EST
Charlie Manuel didn’t exactly go out on a limb like Jimmy Rollins did a couple of years ago — the Phillies after all have been the class of the NL East for half a decade now — but he did echo similar sentiments to J-Roll’s at the beginning of this team’s run.
think,” Manuel said before the Phillies and Braves tied, 7-7, in
Philadelphia’s Grapefruit League finale at Champion Stadium on Sunday.
“We ain’t going to lay down for anybody. We’ve got a bunch of guys that
like to play. You can smack us. We’re not going to turn the other cheek.
We’re going to fight you back. We ain’t going to lay down and die.
We’ve got some guys on our team that are going to make sure of that.”
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages