Apr 2, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Charlie Manuel didn’t exactly go out on a limb like Jimmy Rollins did a couple of years ago — the Phillies after all have been the class of the NL East for half a decade now — but he did echo similar sentiments to J-Roll’s at the beginning of this team’s run.
think,” Manuel said before the Phillies and Braves tied, 7-7, in
Philadelphia’s Grapefruit League finale at Champion Stadium on Sunday.
“We ain’t going to lay down for anybody. We’ve got a bunch of guys that
like to play. You can smack us. We’re not going to turn the other cheek.
We’re going to fight you back. We ain’t going to lay down and die.
We’ve got some guys on our team that are going to make sure of that.”
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return