May 29, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
This is where I write about how ridiculous it is that the NL and AL have different rules, and that the DH is stupid, but I’d be totally fine with it if it existed in both leagues, but baseball is archaic and ridiculous, and that it was the pitcher who actually caught that double-play relay the other night, and that the first baseman who did not catch the ball wasn’t even on the bag, and that the K-zone on TV is a patently absurd proposition because it exposes umpires even more than they already are WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY PROVING that we have the technology for a robot strike zone.
That’s where I write about that.
After playing two games in Boston, the Phillies return home tonight to play out the latter half of their four-game set with the Red Sox.
Because we’re switching from the AL to the NL, Delmon Young returns to right field for the Phillies, while John Mayberry and the Red Sox’s* David Ortiz have been pushed to the bench.
Michael Young, meanwhile, has been placed on the bereavement list, meaning Freddy Galvis will fill in at third and Kevin Frandsen will play second. Cesar Hernandez (.308/ 2 HRs / 18 RBI in 48 games at Triple A) has been called up from the minors.
On the mound, Kyle Kendrick is looking to shake off his last two starts in which he allowed nine runs over 15 innings and raised his ERA .82 points. We tried to find the bright spots.
Finally, Dom Brown is still batting sixth, because of you-know-like-baseball-is-like-he’ll-you-know-show-me-like-when-he’s-ready Charlie Manuel.
7:05 first pitch from South Philadelphia. Here’s how they’ll face John Lackey in order:
— Phillies (@Phillies) May 29, 2013
*The English language
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return